Saturday, September 12, 2009

Updates

I am trying to think of things to update .... hmmmm, we've been boring I think lately!

Emily is liking school more finally .... First Grade is a big adjustment from Kinder we are learning! She told me yesterday she wanted to go back to Kinder and in a great mommy moment I told her "fine, just forget everything you know and you can go back to Kinder" ... yes, I totally deserve an "F" for that ... HA! We ended up talking about it and she just doesn't like that they don't play in First Grade like they did in Kinder ... but she likes her teacher and her friends in class, so I know it's going to be a great year as soon as she gets the routine down!

Wayne is enjoying working at Emler and is still learning the ropes. He's teaching a few lessons this session so he'll have a better handle on how to help swimmers and teachers. It's a great place, so if anyone needs lessons, give him a call :)
He is a natural people leader and is just great with the kiddos!

Elliot is finally talking more and is developing a little personality! He loves to play and watch strange videos that we check out from the library (we ditched cable about 2 months ago)

Me, I started working at a local church on Thursday mornings helping in the kids area. It's a HUGE church and their kids area is just amazing! I am going to be taking lots of notes and incorporate some of the things they do in the baby/toddler area at our church! The cool thing about me being there is Elliot gets to come with me! I work with the 4 year olds and he's in the class room right next door. We've been trying to find him a MDO program that would allow him to go one day a week ... most want two or more, so this is perfect!

Oh and big news, Wayne and I will be taking a 40th BDay cruise in February. NO, I am NOT turning 40 yet, but we are taking the cruise in February instead of August because LISD is out the first three days of February and if Emily has to miss school while we are gone she'll only miss two days!

Lily is 6 months old and is such a puppy ... wow, what were we thinking. Note to self, next time adopt an adult dog! She will be getting spayed on the 21st.

Mom is opening a doggy day care with some friends in Winnie. She's super excited! Dad is excited, but probably wonders what he'll do without his hired hand ... HA! Mom and Dad are still selling their longhorn meat ... so contact them if you need any lean yummy beef!

My Grandma has been in and out of the hospital too much lately! She's 87 and has congestive heart failure. I hope they get her meds right soon. Please keep her in your prayers.

Game time ... HA
deeeeep thoughts
sweet sweet puppy

Those sheets are on the furniture in an attempt to keep hound hair/smell out of the furniture ... I don't think it works all that well :)


No comments: