Monday, February 09, 2009

Getting back to normal ....

Emily is back from her visit in Winnie and is learning the meaning of the word "no" again - HA!  

Today was the 100th day of school and they made a 100 day snack filled with a hodge podge of snacks.  Each kiddo had to count out 100 different snacks for the 100 day snack.  Emily could only remember the Mike and Ike's that one of the kiddos brought.  She brought some Cheese Its.

This week she has her Valentine's Day party ... she made a pretty Valentine's Day box in Winnie and all that's left is for us to write out her Valentine's.  We need to work on that tomorrow (because they are due on Wednesday - ooops!)

Today she started swimming lessons again ... Wayne said she was a bit rusty but did good.  Hopefully she'll remember everything again real soon.

Wayne started Dave Ramsey's Financial Peace University
Hopefully he'll learn how to fix our financial woes.

Speaking for financial woes - HA - I signed up for my first class at Texas State (well, it's still Southwest Texas to me!)  

The first class I am re-taking is British Literature.  
I just need to order the books and I'll be on my way. 
As you all know I LOVE to read but I am so not a writer ... so it'll be interesting for sure!   I also have to re-take Political Science (both of them YIKES) and a Marketing class.  There is one other I need to re-take, but now I can't remember - good thing it's written down somewhere.  After the re-takes I'll finish the few basics I need (between ACC and Tx State) and I'll start the teaching block once those are done and I get my GPA up to a acceptable level (I only need a 2.5)

Those are the updates for now ... tomorrow I will be 37 and for some reason that feels really old today!



No comments: