Thursday, August 21, 2008

Open House!

Well, it's official - Emily is starting school on Monday - I guess we can't put it off any longer - HA!

Tonight was open house and we were able to meet Emily's teacher, check out her room, put her nap towel and a change of clothes in her locker (yes, she has a locker - Oh My!) and put away her supplies.

Her teacher's name is Mrs. Francis and seems super nice.
Emily is having a hard time with her name ... after open house we were talking about her teacher and she'd say "Aunt Frances ... I mean, Mrs Francis said ..... " - HA! I am thinking it might be a good idea to tell Mrs Francis that she has an Aunt Frances and might slip up some in the beginning - HA!

She's so very excited and walked right in the class like she knew what to do!
She is a little bummed that her friends Emma and Carson are not in her class. They are right across the hall and Mrs. Francis said they do specials and lunch and other fun things together (phew!) so they'll see each other often!

I'll update on Monday with some pictures of her first day .... WOW!

No comments: