Monday, August 22, 2011

First Day of Third Grade!

Wow, I knew it had been awhile since I blogged, but February?  Yowzers!

Gosh, I don't even know how to catch everyone up!  Here's a quick run down.  Wayne is working for Randalls, I will start at Cornerstone MDO in September (took the summer off). 

The kids had a full summer of playing and visiting.  We went to the beach for a week with family (thanks Lester and Liz!) Emily and Elliot went to San Antonio with Nana and Grandfather, then Emily went to Winnie with MeMe and Paw Paw.  I had big plans to work on school stuff with her over the summer, but that didn't happen!  She read a lot, but we didn't work on math skills and we really should have since she doesn't have all her mulitpication facts memorized yet!  Oh well, now we'll HAVE to get back on the ball since school has started!

I can't promise I'll be a better blogger, but here are some pictures from the first day of school!  Emily keeps saying she is NOT ready for school to start.  But, she is happy one of her best friends is in her class AND she is with the teacher she told me she wanted for 3rd grade.  I'm praying she has a GREAT year!

Here are some pictures from today ....

first day of school ... 
 Her friend Abi walked wtih us this morning (can you believe Elliot will start next year??)
 on the way ....
 her teacher ....

1 comment:

Carol and James said...

Hooray, pictures on your blog. It is about time! Great pictures!