Emily participated in the Colin's Hope Kids Triathlon today.
She had a GREAT time and wants to do another one!
It was an early start - Wayne was there at 6am to help set up and the kids and I were there at 7am ... but it was super fun!!!
Makes me wish I wasn't a wimp and could do one myself :)
Maybe I could if I could do the 5-6 year old part!
She swam 25 meters, biked 0.5 miles and ran 500 meters.
She said her favorite part was biking ... she said she went FAST and passed two kiddos on training wheels ... she said she had to walk during the running part because she was tired ... it's probably because when she left the transition area she was booking it big time! I told her to slow down and pace herself, but she wanted to catch this little boy in front of her :)
During the swim part lifeguards had to jump in and help a couple of kiddos ... one lifeguard was in Emily's lane and I worried she was going to run into her. I asked her about it later and she said - "I was keeping an eye on her " ... smart girl!
Ian Crocker and Garrett Weber-Gale (Olympians) were taking pictures, showing off their gold medals and talking with the kids. Emily didn't want to get her picture taken with them and I didn't think it would be appropriate for me to run over the kids to get MY picture taken with them :)
A funny comment from her was on packet pick up day. One of the ladies at the pool asked her if she was going to be first and Emily looked at her like she was kooky and said "I don't know, but I am going to do my best and that's what matters" ... good girl!
Here are some pictures ... there are more in the Snapfish album (below)
UPDATE* She was the 2nd fastest girl in her age group and 12th overall in her age group (those boys were fast!)

No comments:
Post a Comment