This last week and a half I've felt out of touch and isolated at times. I need to get a routine down so I can get out of the house for something other than errands!!
I've learned that I really miss constant people contact! I was always talking to someone at work .... good thing since I was in phone sales - HA! I would IM everyone, catch up on the latest news between calls and gossip with my co-workers in the break room. It was my little get away. As much as I hated it when people would say "at least you get a break while you are at work" ... I see what they were saying now - HA!
On the flip side it's been great hanging out with the kiddos. Emily is in Winnie this weekend, so Elliot and I have had some fun alone time. He's such a funny little guy! He is heading to San Antonio on Friday and Wayne and I will have an adult only weekend - woo hoo! When he gets home we'll head to Winnie for a few days to pick up Emily and then back to San Antonio for Eddie's 65th birthday celebration! It's a busy busy month for sure!
In between trips I am scheduling doctors appointments so I can get to see everyone before my insurance runs out on June 30th! We'll have insurance again (don't worry!), but my current insurance covers dental cleanings and annual check ups at 100% ... so I might as well get it all done now!
In my first couple of weeks I gave Wayne lots of ammunition as to why I shouldn't be the at home parent. Emily's first swim lessons I forgot her towel. The second one I was 10 minutes late. Monday Elliot fell at Chris and Trina's and busted his forehead on their brick planter box. Siiiigh ...
On the flip side, the house is cleaner (sorry honey) and I've actually been cooking some ... I am no Betty Crocker, but I haven't burned anything to a crisp yet!
I haven't read my next assignment. Hopefully I can get that done this week before heading to Winnie so I can finish up the next paper!
I hope everyone is doing SUPER! I am sure Wayne will give us a "how it feels to go back to work full time" update soon. One of the best things is we are seeing each other more since he isn't running out the door as soon as I get home!
Lily is doing great. She's such a sweet puppy! I occassionally wish we wouldn't have added a puppy to the house at the same time I stopped working, but she is precious and so much fun!
By the way, if anyone has any great work from home ideas, let me know!

2 comments:
I know what you mean. When I quit working at the TRF I felt the same way. I was around people all day long and then all of the sudden it was just me....very hard. But, it will get better....hang in there.
LOVE, Mom
Congrats on the staying home part - and yes, it will take some adjustments!!!! Send me your email address - I only have Hoovers saved in my email (I think). We'll have to work on getting together sometime!!!!
Post a Comment