Here is a brief overview of what's been happening at school ...
We had our first Parent Conference. I didn't know what to expect, but it went well - I think. Em's teacher said Emily is doing really well so far! She tested ahead of where she needs to be for this point of the school year .... no, no, she's not a genius - she just already knew her letters, numbers, colors, etc before school started. She's enjoying school so much that in the morning when she's stalling or whining or both, we can get her attention by telling her if she doesn't stop whatever it is, she can't go to school. I realize this will not last forever(bummer!) but it's good to know SOMETHING makes her stop the whining!
We've already battled lice (yes, already) ... a very small case that we were able to get rid of very quickly - thank goodness! I read horror stories and was VERY worried! Does your head itch yet?
We had our school carnival and a fund raiser.
Emily had a fire drill after one of the AC units froze up and started smoking.
She says her favorite part of school is PE and recess - HA
Over all she's really having a GREAT year and has already had a play date with a friend from her class.
Wayne and Elliot help out in class on Wednesdays and Emily thinks that is very cool.
The only negative for ME has been Daisy's (Girl Scouts) - it started with a bad experience with the coordinator and ended with an awful experience with the troop leader. Needless to say, we are not in Daisy's - HA!
I am sure I've missed something very important ... hopefully Wayne will update if I have ... HA!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
Oooh the Daisy story i could tell. We started out own troop of adventure guides through YMCA. We are nwo the ladybug troop and are happy to be done with the GSCTX. I have pledged to never eat a girl scout cookie again thanks to the insane gestapo women they have working there.
Post a Comment