Thursday - I flew into Oakland - weird tidbit - a girl from my office was on my flight! She was on her way to see her daughter at USC. The flight was horribly packed, so I didn't get to sit by her, but very cool!
We went to Amanda's cute grocery store (NobHill) and bought some Ravioli for dinner and drank some yummy wine and visited! It still wigs me out that you can buy hard liquor at the grocery store - even on Sunday! We played Wii Fit and I decided if we had a Wii with Wii Fit I'd probably end up hurting someone .... it's a meeeeean game ... told me I was overweight .... AND told me my Wii Fit age was 51 ... WHAT??? I mean 51 is still 15 .... crap, really? .... years away!
Friday - we went and checked out downtown Martinez - what a cute little town! Fun antiques shops and a unique little boutiques. We ate lunch at this little diner that had home made onion rings - yummy! The town has a big beaver controversy happening right now ... we tried to see the beavers when we were there, but they were hiding.
Then we went to the mall and shopped until we dropped! After shopping we came home for a bit then decided to get our toes done in Walnut Creek. For dinner we went to a Mexican food restaurant - not Tex Mex, but pretty good - very yummy margaritas - HA
We came home and stayed up waaaay too late playing Rock Band (such an addicting game!!!) - I thought I went to bed at 1am ... mike said it was closer to 2am .. YIKES! That's super late in Texas :-)
Saturday we went to the hotel where Amanda works (The Claremont) and had some wonderful massages. It is such a beautiful resort!!! Great views of the Bay ... just amazing! If anyone is wondering what to get Mike for Christmas .... massage gift certificates will go over really well - HA ... Wait, while I am here I MUST tell you about the showers at the spa .... man .... there were 9 shower heads, a hand held and a cool rain shower head .... I could have stayed under the water for hours .... would have if there weren't other women waiting patiently for the shower - HA
We had dinner at The Outback (yummy!) Amanda and Mike were thrilled to find out they have blue bell ice cream at The Outback - poor guys - they don't have Blue Bell here in California .... the little waiter made us giggle - Amanda wanted to make sure it REALLY was Blue Bell since they can't buy it anywhere in California ... and he said yes ... she said "where do you get it???" Hoping she could find some Cookies and Cream ... he looked at her as serious as could be and said "Texas .... " .... we giggled about that all night!
We came home and played some games - one waaaay too hard - I thought I'd like it - it was called Name that Tune the 80's version - but I realized I don't know as much 80's music as I thought I did! Then we played Wits and Wagers - that was a fuuuuun game!
Sunday we went to Walnut Creek for a bread bowl .. we thought about heading to San Fran, but it was Fleet Week and Mike said everyone from California would be there! So, after bread bowls we shopped some more (and more and more and more!)
Thanks Mike and Amanda for having me!!
I'm posting the only picture we took ... this was at El Charro's ... remember, yummy Margaritas!


2 comments:
Oh this makes me homesick! We lived in Walnut Creek for 3 years and LOVED it!
How'd you leave :)
Post a Comment