Sunday, May 04, 2008

Crawfish in Winnie!

We just spent the weekend in Winnie and were treated to a bottle fed Longhorn, a Longhorn birth, 350lbs of crawfish and mom dressed up in sparkles and a blonde afro wig … yes, sounds like a completely normal weekend with my family … HA!

Uncle Lester and Aunt Franny had a great crawfish boil at their beautiful home and invited a ton of people over to celebrate. It was a great time and I am still full from all the crawfish and yummy desserts!
Trent, Austen and Wayne were the official crawfish boilers (mostly Austen and Trent!) and they did a GREAT job! The crawfish were perfect …
Emily was able to bottle feed a baby calf (she’s sooooo cute!) and of course ride on the steers . Then Sunday morning when she was helping Me Me in the flower bed, she got to see a baby be born! Well, almost … Mom saw the calf “plop out” and Emily was able to see him/her seconds later. It is amazing how quickly baby cows can get up and run around … very cool!

Now back to the blonde afro wig … Lester and Franny needed some entertainment for their party and did they get it! First there were Lester’s Exxon friends – they were good and put on a fun show!! THEN came Mom, Regina and Joan … talk about funny! It was the first time Austen and I were able to see mom perform and we laughed and giggled and laughed some more. Dad said last time he saw her perform he was in the hospital for a week … HA! I thought they did a great job! Too funny! I'm just sad I didn't have a video camera ... it would have been great to be able to put that up on YouTube!

Elliot got a kick out of the crawfish ... he ate them, the played with them and he laughed at them. Emily wouldn't go near them, but she enjoyed sticking Elliot's hand in the tub of crawfish (before they were boiled!) ... man, when he's old enough to get her back, it's going to be funny!

I’m sure I missed something, but here are a few pictures for your enjoyment!

Pretty!
sweet new baby (not even an hour old!)
this little baby is 2 weeks old
A bunch of jackasses ... HA
Elliot dancin'
"I am going to swim today ... "
Mom, Regina and Joan
Mom, Regina and Joan
Dad on Big Red (their new steer )
Here's the snapfish link for ALL the pictures .... !

No comments: