Monday, February 11, 2008

Another year older, not so much wiser

Well, I am officially on the backside of 30 ... sliding veeeery fast to 40!

Thank you everyone for the birthday wishes!!!

I had a great weekend!

We attended two birthday parties (and I pretended they were mine - HA!)
Emma (one of Emily's bestus buddies) had a cheerleading party for her 5th birthday and our friend Rick had his 38th birthday (no cheerleaders!)
Both were tons of fun!

Sunday started off a little rough but ended up being a great day!
Elliot didn't sleep well (he's been a little plugged up since starting table food!) and Emily woke up with an upset stomach (and barfed!) ....

Grandpa called at 9am (a few hours later than usual) to remind me that he is only 39 even though I am 36. I had to remind HIM that Dad is turning 55 this year, so he can't REALLY be 39 anymore - HA!

I went to church then met Trina for lunch at Jardin Corona (yummy!) - poor Chris missed out because Caitlyn needed an earlier than usual nap. Trina took him some enchiladas to go tho!

We then met Nancy, Eddie and Traci for dinner at this cool little winery in Driftwood (Mandolas)! Dinner was very very good and lots of fun! I am ready to go back!

My birthday continued today with more well wishes and some yummy cookies at work!

Sooo, even though I am one year older and not a bit wiser, I do feel super duper loved and VERY blessed!

PS: I scored some very cool birthday goodies :-)
Thanks to everyone for ...
the cash - sweet!
the Sunflower Charm
the extra cool cat ring holder
the Bath Junkie stuff
the digital frame
the Amazon gift card (OK OK, so I used it already, and Dad says I am just like Emily, but it's different since I already had my eye on something isn't it??)
the Picacio print that wil be worth ga-zillions one day

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

pretty sure you are wiser....after all you've kept me around when we both know it would have been wiser....oh wait...I'm trying to prove you are wiser, not point out that mistake you have perpetuated by keeping me around....don't worry kid...you just get more beautiful each year....

Anonymous said...

Het baby you really need to get over this whole number thing because that is all it is......and yes Trina is right you do get more beautiful each year.
I Love You Rachel.

Anonymous said...

Awww Thanks for being so good to me!!

I love you guys too!

Carol and James said...

Wayne's right honey. It's only a number. You are just getting better every year.
We love you,
Mom
p.s. I like your purchase with your gift card. John is so talented.

Anonymous said...

You guys are too good to me!

I didn't buy John's print (but maybe he SHOULD sell them at Amazon!)

I ended up buying three books:

Nineteen Minutes by Jodi Picoult

Finding your own North Star (recommended by my HR lady)

What Happens When I Talk to God?: The Power of Prayer for Boys and Girls
This is for Emily and I to read together. She's been asking a lot of questions lately like "can God see me doing this? Can God hear me when I talk?" .... so I figured it was appropriate!

Thanks again ... I am super spoiled!