Monday, November 26, 2007

Thanksgiving Update!

Wow, what a time! I ate too much, drank too much and talked too much (what else is new?)
It was great to see everyone and wish we could all get together more often!!


Wednesday we had some yummy gumbo over at Grandpa's with the McLarty's.
I don't think I've ever seen such a large pot of Gumbo!

Thursday started with 3 fried turkeys, 10 slabs of pork ribs with sides and desserts galore! There was sooo much food!
The only people missing from the feast were Terry, Eunice, Martin and Naomi.
Without them we did not get off our rears to take our traditional holiday walk. Now that I think about it, the only walking we did was to the kitchen to fill up our plates or glasses!

Friday we had yummy left overs and on Saturday mom made a tasty chili.

We played lots of board and video games, watched tons of football and did absolutely NO shopping. It was a great time. Emily enjoyed seeing all her cousins and thought it was pretty funny when she learned that not only does she have cousins who are close to her age (Hank, Noah, Jordan, Nathan and Caitlyn) but she also has old -sorry, couldn't think of another word here!- cousins (Amanda, Mike, Trent, Angela, Chris, Sarah, John, Jennifer, Pat, Emily, Chris, Trina).
It's going to really blow her mind when we explain that she has even MORE cousins on Wayne's side of the family - HA!

OK I haven't cropped the Thanksgiving pictures yet (or deleted ANY) but here they are!
http://www1.snapfish.com/share/p=355111197389861477/l=327405537/g=7281183/otsc=SYE/otsi=SALB

No comments: