Thursday, October 11, 2007

Update from the Texas Rice Festival

Last weekend was the Texas Rice Festival in Winnie.
It's an annual tradition of food, family, friends and fun!
Click here for all the pictures!


The food is fattening and yummy! This year I tried a couple of new things ... cheesecake on a stick (everything tastes better on a stick!) and this crabcake, rice, crawfish sauce yummy dish. I don't know what it was called, but I was so sad when they sold out.

It was hot, hot, hot and rained a bit, but we all had a great time!

Emily had a super time. She was able to ride many rides (some over and over and over again) and she beat Wayne at a carnival game. I think Wayne is still upset over the loss!! She did some crafts at Doodlebug, showed a longhorn in the Pee Wee show, tried to ride Bandit in the parade (he acted up) and convinced people to take a picture sitting on Cheyenne. She enjoyed watching people sing and dance. She is still talking about this cute little boy who sang a couple of songs on the big stage. "When I am older, can I sing on a stage ? .... " is her favorite new question.

Elliot was sooooo good. He took it all in and enjoyed making everyone laugh. He's such a happy happy baby! He liked sitting on Cheyenne and watching sister on the rides. Wayne carried him in the backpack carrier and Elliot just giggled and laughed (and drooled)

We had a GREAT time!


No comments: